Well...the news is out...Andy and I are expecting our FOURTH child. I am 11 weeks and due at the end of February. If you are doing the math, we will in fact have 4 children under 32 months (Your prayer are welcomed!). This unexpected surprise has taken and will continue to take a lot of processing. Here are some lessons that I've learned so far...
-Birth Control is only 99.9% effective. We tried to have "control" over the birth of our children, and God has ordained otherwise. May this also be a lesson to all you ladies out there...99.9% ain't 100% ha
-The thought of life is overwhelming to me, BUT the reality is probably easier. We have help and Silas and Mercy are at a good life stage. The are content to sit and play with toys; however, tides are soon changing as they start cruising and crawling around the house. But God graciously has postponed lots of movement until the end of this trimester.
-Sunday I felt convicted about the fact that the child that is growing in my belly is the Lord's and not mine. Of course I will Lord willing birth this baby, Andy and I will name him or her and raise the child just as we are our other three; however, he or she, like our other 3, is God's. I may not have planned this, but God did. I may not be super excited about feeling tired, overwhelmed and scared, but God had fashioned a little person for His glory.
-My new life verse is Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." May He do so...
Abby, I'll be praying for you! We're getting ready to adopt two more from Congo, so I'm excited and scared to have four kids under three also. We've got friends who went before us and I've been so encouraged by their example and joy in it. Here was their announcement, and I thought it had a lot of helpful scripture:
ReplyDeletehttp://hareadoption.blogspot.com/2010/06/were-adopting-again.html
Congrats to you and Andy!
ReplyDelete