Sunday, September 18, 2011

DeYoung Article about Children and Stress

I feel stressed often these days...typically multiple times a day. I find myself much more easily angered than I even used to be as well as much more exhausted. While this article doesn't give a fix-it formula for parental stress, it does caution me to be aware of my attitude around my children and remind me that I am not alone.

One man's comment to DeYoung's article was: "I never knew I was such an angry person until I had a house full of little kids.” This is what I find myself saying to friends who ask how we’re doing. Perhaps it was the lack of stress before we had 4 kids in 6 years (and recently moved across the country) that I never realized the selfishness and anger lurking within me.

But now I am called to die to myself every day, in very practical ways. And I’m not good at it. I’d rather be angry and pout.

But once recently while doing the dishes and grumbling, an inaudible voice told me: “you said you want to be a servant, right?”

After all, if anyone wants the be first, he must be very last, and a servant of all. May the Lord grant us forgiveness, and faith to trust Him and walk in His way as servants."


Here is Kevin DeYoung's article: click here.

My hope and prayer is that God, in His grace, will go before me, strengthen me, and change me from the inside-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment