I read the story of Cinderella to my little girl often...not so much because Elly likes it or even understands what's going on, but because I like it. And, yes, I'm a sucker for cheesy romance movies too ;)
So as the news of the royal wedding grows and grows, I've had conflicting emotions. A part of me knows that this wedding is mind-blowingly expensive and quite unimportant from an eternal standpoint. The cost alone is insane...especially in light of the incredible poverty that my husband and I are about to see as we bring our babies home. But...there's this little girl inside of me that is secretly excited to see a royal wedding. I love beautiful wedding flowers and happy couples...the fairy tale of Cinderella played out in real life.
I recently read this article by Caryn Rivadeneira at the Her.menutics Blog entitled: The Royal Wedding: An Unholy Union. This thoughtful article is dead-on and helps me reconcile the "mature" me that sees the ridiculousness and knows the realities and beauties of love and marriage with the "little girl" me who can't wait for tomorrow's news. ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment