I have officially grow weary in this adoption waiting. I know nothing and have been told that no news is good news, but I'm ready for something concrete. I want a timeline. I want a light at the end of the tunnel. I want answers about whether we will get another little boy because I'm tired of jumping when the phone rings. I want a plan. I, I, I...
BUT, I KNOW...
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21
AND
"We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:38 **The "good" here implies sanctification--the growing into Christ-likeness**
AND
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:2-5
SO
My plans, the advice of others, and even words from our lawyer have no bearing on the outcome of this adoption. It is God alone whose plans matter. He dictates the time, the number of babies, the details. And I am left needing to ask for wisdom and trust that He will use the waiting to change my character, to develop perseverance in me, and to bring about the good work of sanctification in the lives of me and my family. May He burn these verses in my mind, so that my weariness results in hope and faith rather than irritability and discouragement...I know my husband and daughter would agree!
excited to find you hear in blog land and a new way to keep up with you and andy!
ReplyDeletewe can't wait to see your little one and welcome him to gridley!