I have played the victim this week.
Granted...I did legitimately get the flu and found my self seriously ill on Sunday. However...minus a slight cold, I have recovered.
So why play the victim?
Well...while I have been healing up, my daughter has needed a mom and my husband has needed extra care. He, much to his dismay and ego, stood up wrong the other night and sprained his knee...like can't put weight on it, hobbling around on crutches sprained his knee.
This unfortunate event has left me (in my pitiful post-flu, beginnings of a cold state...yes this is sarcasm) to care for my child and husband. And rather than thinking about what I can be thankful for, I have spent a large portion of the last few days being the victim. Why me? What about my needs? Can't a girl get a break? I just need to sleep...yada yada yada. Needless to say, it's a good thing that I've been homebound and unable to pour my negativity out on others :)
This morning I started thinking about Jesus.
He gave EVERYTHING, and he didn't play the victim, though he certainly had every right. He laid down his rights and died for us while we were still sinners.
He "being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross!" Philippians 2:6-8
Praise God for grace despite our sin. My heart has been so ugly and ungrateful and far from servant-like. But...I've seen how God is being gracious with me. He is putting me in situations like this now to change my filthy heart before I have more kids and every single day looks like my last two. Baby steps, right?
"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26
No comments:
Post a Comment