Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rocking 2 Kids

I have been able to speak to Andy a few times in the last 24 hours that he has been with the kids.

He seems to be doing really well, and I'm very proud of my very capable husband! I haven't heard one word of complaint, and he told me that being with Silas and Mercy has affirmed our decision to adopt 2 kids.

Mercy has been super easy and slept 11 hours straight last night...plus she woke up with a smile on her face! He has described her as a gem, a doll, precious, nearly perfect, and very easy going. She is nearly able to crawl despite being much more petite than Silas.

Silas had a rough first day, as he was probably pretty attached to his foster mom. He didn't eat much, so he woke up three times in the night for bottles. After getting through a confusing first day, Andy described him as being a daddy's boy today...he only wants Andy to hold him. He likes to nestle into Andy's shoulder and is happy if held.

When Andy called at 2 am (yes, I am getting up in the middle of night with the kids too, I feel like :) Silas and Mercy were laying on their mattress holding hands. So sweet...and I can't wait to see the pictures and videos.

They are currently at their Embassy doctor's appointment.

Please pray:
1. For Andy to get rest tonight and to remain encouraged.
2. For the kids to remain healthy and to have peace knowing that Andy loves them and will meet their needs (particularly Silas)
3. For Andy to do well in his interview tomorrow. It is at 7 am CST.
4. For the Embassy to be able to give him a good idea of when their visas should be done, so that we can plan our return trip.
5. For Sarah to process of documents, issue our visas, and for there not to be unnecessary snags in the process. We would like to return quickly to minimize the confusion for the kids and to get them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment